Top 3 Tips!
Top Travel Tips of 2013!
We recieved many creative and useful travel tips from our fans. Thank you all for letting us have another year full of fantastic travel tips. However, in the end we had to select the top 3 travel tips. It was a long and difficult decision...the top 3 tips that jumped out were:
- A couple tips:
- When I first started travelling in Rome by myself paranoia led me to stick 20 Euros under the insole in my shoe - just in case. - Stick 20 Euros under the insole in your shoe. You never know when you'll need.
- Safety pins work wonders for a little extra security when your pacsafe isn't ideal. Pinning a change purse to the inside of your bag not only means it's easy to find, but also less likely to fall out / get nicked
- If you can stand the sound, adhesive Velcro can be added to a variety of openings making it hard for anyone to sneak into pockets without the obnoxious velco ripping sound.
- Use common sense, trust your gut instincts and have fun. :)
- If you carry an eReader or other device, it's a good idea to email all of your travel documents and plans to yourself as a PDF. If you also send your itinerary and other travel research, you have easy-to-access travel plans that can be indexed. Simply by emailing several uniquely named PDFs to your eReader and loading them onto your device before you leave home will allow you to quickly search for the information using key words when needed. Much easier than a travel book (which screams tourist) or printing everything out. If you prefer to print things out, you'll have a back-up in case of loss. (Of course you can lower your risk of loss by carrying that eReader in a Pacsafe product!)
- Always split up your cash. Don't carry it all together - some in the wallet, some in your PacSafe bag, some in your luggage, maybe in your boots/shoes.
Congratuations to Gussy Dee, Kristy McCoy, and Elizabeth Ward Langston!
Along with the top 3 travel tips, 7 other travel tips made it on our list. Congratulations to you all for posting your tips!
You can see the Top 10 travel tips of 2013 in our Smart Tip section or by clicking here.